Last year over 200 people died in fires in the home. You’re at least 4 times more likely to die in a fire in the home if there’s no working smoke alarm.
When you test your smoke alarms you could help test the smoke alarm of an older family member, neighbour or friend too. It takes no time at all and gives your family and others a much better chance of surviving a fire.
Fire Safety Tips at Home:
- The top tip is “Get Out & Stay Out” then call 999 for emergency help
- Make sure you have smoke alarms on every floor of your home
- Smoke alarms save lives, but only if they work, so test them all regularly
- If you smoke in your home, stub cigarettes out properly, and dispose of them carefully
- Ensure you know your escape route and make sure the family know too
- Do not overload electrical sockets and watch out for faulty and overheating electrical equipment.
- Ensure you use correct manufactured electrical chargers.
Here are some of the claims we have helped with follow a fire, don’t let this be you.....